This workbook was developed by the Founder of the National Association of Shoplifting and Theft Addiction Specialists to help facilitate psychoeducation classes for those that shoplift and steal. This workbook is designed for a 12-week group program, but can be used for individual sessions as well. This book is 137 pages of rich content, with topics that include: a shoplifting and theft assessment, understanding cravings and triggers, relapse prevention, anger management, depression, stages of change, self-esteem, criminal thinking, delayed gratification, penalties of shoplifting and theft, keeping up with the Joneses, and more. The treatment objectives in this workbook include the following:
- Prevent, reduce, and eliminate shoplifting and theft behavior.
- Understand, recognize, and avoid the triggers to steal.
- Help manage and control responses to anger and depression.
- Assist in changing perceptions, values, thought management, and conditioning.
- Help improve self-esteem and personal/professional development.
- Promote self-awareness, preventative strategies, and social skills.